“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” - R.W. Emerson
Sunday, February 8, 2015
Preparing to go back to Uganda
We are heading back soon. I'm trying to pack slowly so the last day home isn't a big rush. We left Justine with a few outfits and a toothbrush, but I have no idea what kind of condition those things will be in when we get back. I bought her a new toothbrush just in case and a few more outfits to take. Things are not cheap in Uganda, so it's best to bring what we can. I am also making sure to bring her some socks this time. When we there last, she kept wearing mine.... sometimes with her flip flops. On the bright side, she'd hand wash them every time she finished wearing them.
We were told she is excited to see us and that she has not once asked to return to the village. That makes me happy. It shows she can adjust well in new situations (since she has been staying at the school since we've been gone). It's been over nine months since we first saw her picture. I can hardly believe we are nearing the end. We are so excited.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment