Yesterday was Friday. We had nothing important to do (unfortunately-ha). So we made the best of our day and went to the zoo. Justine and her little friends had a lot of fun. The whole time there was a guide with us that could speak to them in their native language. He even sung with them sometimes and held their hands while we walked. Every once in awhile he would ask them what animals they had seen and then they would go through and list them all. Some of the animals names were in English- some in Luganda. In some places there were little monkeys roaming around waiting for us to feed them. You know Ross' monkey on the show "Friends"?... they were those kind of monkeys- I think. The girls would scream if the monkeys came in close too quickly. It was slightly funny at first, but then it got old quickly. After we left, we ate at our favorite place "Cafe Javas". I LOVE their tropical smoothies. Still don't know what fruit "pawpaw" is, but it's good. When we Googled it, it looked sort of like a papaya. Eventually we got back to the room and as if we hadn't done enough for the day, we all went swimming. For me it's not really swimming. It's more like walking around aimlessly in the pool and telling Dustin not to let Justine go too far out of his reach. I am not much of a swimmer... he would have to be the rescuer if needed. Finally we came back to the room and had pizza delivered. We ate with the other family in their apartment. The girls chowed down spaghetti, bread, and yogurt (they call it ice-cream). When we got back in our room for the night, Justine colored and we looked at some pictures in a book and practiced some English words. She seemed pretty wore out because she went to bed without any complaints. I just sat and watched music videos on tv. The same videos repeat over and over again. I know when I hear these songs in the US I will be taken back to my time here. Soon- a distant memory.



Sounds like a fun packed day! Enjoy this alone bonding time. Chaos is on the way!
ReplyDelete