“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” - R.W. Emerson
Saturday, January 17, 2015
Miss Independent
J is very independent. I'm sure she did most things herself when she lived in her village. At this very moment, she is scrubbing down her clothes with a bar of soap in the bathroom sink. When she finished some of her clothing, she looked for more to wash. I love a lot of things about her culture. Every time we eat at a restaurant, when J is done eating, she takes her plate to the nearest waiter or waitress and kneels down while handing it to them. She is saying thank you. She is very meticulous and neat, yet she still needs to work on her manners! Oh and this girl can shower. No help needed. She scrubs herself down from head to toe. Soap in her eyes? No problem!!!! Getting hurt is usually funny to her! I can see it now, she is going to be confused about why her younger brother is a big whiney pants. She seems to be very happy and resilient. I see future struggles but I feel she will transition well at home. Can't wait!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment