“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” - R.W. Emerson
Tuesday, January 13, 2015
meetcha day
We arrived in Uganda very late last night. It took awhile to leave the airport because some of our luggage went missing... and still is missing. The driver for our first hotel picked us up and drove us down a long, dark dirt road. My husband and father in law were wondering what I got us into. Luckily we were safe. We slept there for about six hours and then awoke to repack and prepare to meet our little girl. We ate breakfast downstairs and as we began to checkout I saw a man walk into the hotel lobby with a shy little girl in a black and white dress. It was her. She knelt at my feet. That is the way children greet guests I suppose. I showed her how to shake hands. She was very quiet and absolutely adorable. We all got into the van together. The orphanage director has great English and he is so nice. He explained to us how important it is to bond with our child regardless that we will be leaving her and returning to America while we wait on paperwork. Step number one of the bonding began today. She is with us- alone. He is running errands and won't be getting her for a few hours. She has already come out of her shell. We can't understand what she is saying... but she's not afraid to talk or even sing in front of us. She is a very curious girl. She was very excited when I got the pink fingernail polish out. I painted her little toes. A pedicure is very much needed for her. Her toes have seen some rough days. We are winding down right now. In fact daddy and her are napping. More updates to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is so great! I glad you got to spend one on one time with her already, what a blessing! Enjoy.
ReplyDelete-WB