“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” - R.W. Emerson
Monday, July 28, 2014
Good email
I waited over the weekend for my social worker to let me know if immigration has responded to her email. Basically it was about if we were going to be grandfathered in to old adoption (non-Hague) guidelines or not. She didn't email me soon enough. I'm impatient these days. I sent her a quick email inquiring about which route we would go from here... assuming that all the easy and less expensive options have been exhausted. Her response email began with "I guess you must have not received the email I sent you..." Then I continued to read the GOOD NEWS. We ARE grandfathered in. Tomorrow we will schedule our first home visit date. I'll keep you posted on when that is. It's a bit frustrating to think that we could have started our home study in May or early June. Another two months our daughter had to be in an orphanage. Another two months she had to be exposed to malaria and other diseases. Another two months she didn't receive adequate nutrition... or family love... or shelter or education. But you know what? God's timing. It's true. There is a reason for everything. I'm hoping this means we will get an awesome judge when we are in Ugandan court, or something else wonderful like that. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment